Catholic Link Roundup
Catholic Link Roundup is curated selection of news, information and interviews ranging from reports on the impact of the corona virus on the faithful in China to reactions to Pope Francis’ Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Querida Amazonia.
- Hong Kong Diocese cancels Masses amid corona virus outbreak – “The next two weeks will be a crucial time to suppress the epidemic,” said Cardinal John Tong, apostolic administrator of Hong Kong. The Catholic Herald.
- Pope Francis Rejects Proposal to Allow Married Priests in Remote Areas – “The decision is a victory for conservative forces.” The New York Times.
- Why did Francis punt on married priests in his Amazon document? – “The absence of a clear result on married priests in Querida Amazonia doesn’t necessarily mean the debate is over.” Crux.
- Homily at the Funeral Mass of Nigerian Seminarian Michael Nnadi – By Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah of Sokoto Diocese. Zenit.
- American Priest Fr. John Hollowell Diagnosed with Brain Tumor – “I prayed in 2018 if there was some suffering I could undertake on behalf of all the victims (of Catholic Church sex abuse crisis) […] I would welcome that.” On This Rock.
- Sacred Music and Sacred Silence as Powerful Spiritual Medicines, Part 1 with His Eminence, Robert Cardinal Sarah – Sacred Music Podcast.
- The Worship of God: The Heart of the Mission of the Church, Part 2 with His Eminence, Robert Cardinal Sarah – Sacred Music Podcast.
- Bishops Asks Government to do More to Protect Nigeria’s Christians – An interview with Archbishop Augustine Obiora Akubeze of Benin City. Zenit.
- McCarrick was a ‘devourer of souls,’ former priest secretary tells parish – The former secretary of Theodore McCarrick opens up about the extent disgraced Cardinal’s manipulative behavior. Catholic News Agency.
- Hidden Figures: The Conundrum of Black Catholicism – From Kobe Bryant to Toni Morrison Nate Tinner-Williams reflects on “the least familiar and yet most long-standing Christian group in America.” Word on Fire.
- The Man Who Knew His Faith: The Catholicism of Alfred Hitchcock – Hitchcock was born and raised a Catholic and remained a practicing Catholic all his life. National Catholic Register.
- The Rosary: Invincible Weapon – Fr. Bill Casey’s insightful speech at the 2017 Fatima Centennial Conference, Stonehill College, Massachusetts. Our Lady’s Promise is that it is NOT too late, if we will just take up the Rosary. Franciscan Friars.
If you have any recommendations for our next Catholic Link Roundup, you’re very welcome to Get In Touch!